Difflugia wrote: ↑Wed Oct 13, 2021 10:13 am I can’t, though, reconcile calling it the Word of God unless there is something qualitatively different about the Bible than any other human literature. If the Bible is presenting the fruits of human effort to understand God, how is that different than a devotional, even if it’s the best of the best?
It’s qualitatively different from any other book in human history in that:
- It’s the most published book in the world
- It has influenced music
- It has impacted much of literature
- It has inspired artists throughout history
- Presidents swear into office with the Bible
- Witnesses sometimes still swear on Bibles in courts
These might not prove it’s the “word of God”, but undeniably the Bible is qualitatively different from any book in human history.